Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a summer!!!

For my one faithful reader, I decided I should probably post something since it's been 4 weeks!! We have been very busy at the Amburgey household. Phil had CDYC (church youth conference) from June 20-23 and was busy with preparations from that. Fundraising, figuring out totals for each kid, calling parents, and making sure everyone knew the rules was a bit stressful this year. While I wasn't involved in all of that, I was stressed out for him!!

It was hard to make sure we got family time and adult time with all of that going on, so we took a family vacation from June 24-27. One the hottest week in June, we headed south to visit Phil's aunts in Glasgow, Kentucky. We were hoping to be able to spend some time outside, but the high temps kept us indoors most of the time. Chloe was able to get some swimming in, and she got to experience her first cave tour. The whole time we were waiting for the tour to start she kept saying "I go on cave tour". Phil and I toured the local museum that Aunt June volunteers in. It was really impressive for a town the size of Glasgow. All of the things in the museum were donated by people in the area. It's amazing that people had some of that stuff just lying around!! I think the Victorian era walker was my favorite. Vacation was great, but we were all ready to head home, so on Saturday afternoon, we headed back to Fort Wayne. The drive was VERY long due to some construction, but we made it back safe! We were blessed several times with safety on the road (ask for details sometime).

So, we are now back to normal life. We have taken a trip to the local park for Chloe to play at the splash pad, we took a family walk last night, and are now preparing for my family to visit this weekend for my birthday. I love the freedom of summer. At times we feel super busy, but at least most of the time we are busy together:) Pics will follow!!

2 comments:

Kent S said...

Awesome, Tera. Phil did a fantastic job with CDYC. I really mean that; I've told others that.

I'm glad for your vacation, that it was a good one; and I agree, it is nice to hang out together as a family with a certain ease in the schedule.

I didn't know you guys did a cave tour. We did one a few years back in southern Indiana and really enjoyed it.

Tera said...

The cave was just the right amount of time for Chloe. When we were done she was ready to run again:)