Thursday, January 22, 2009

God is Good

Yesterday was a stinky day, but God is good. Lots of thing made yesterday just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. This morning in the shower as I was reviewing why I was still holding on to that day, and God reminded me that for Him the sins that I committed were forgotten because I asked for His forgiveness. I just had to give the same thing to myself. It was done and I needed to move on. One thing that I thought about in the process of dealing through what happened was what if today wasn't any better? What if I had another terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day? After debating playing hookie and just staying home with Chloe, I decided to face whatever was in store for me today. "This is the day the lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I know it's only 10:30, but this is a good day and even though yesterday wasn't fun it was a good day because I have so much to be thankful for. I have a God who loves me even when I don't deserve His love. I have a husband who supports and encourages me, and the smartest most beautiful little girl ever. I have awesome friends. I have a job to go to in a failing economy. The list is too long. God is good!

1 comment:

Kent S said...

Thanks for sharing. I resonate with all the feelings expressed.